Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Untitled 4

 

It certainly has been a while, hasn’t it my friends?  But fear not, for I have returned!

While my other half may be a bit reluctant with details, I suppose that I personally could elaborate a bit.  You see, it’s a wonderfully tragic story.  A boy goes to a big city with a group and starts spending some time with a girl he feels some attraction to.  He gets to know her quite well.  Things seem like they may be going well.  And then, when they’re on a walk alone together (because, naturally, you never go off on your own in big cities when you’re a tourist), she says something that completely changes everything.

What did she say?  Well, I’m sure that Jekyll would absolutely love to elaborate on that.  I’m such a tease, aren’t I?

And Morningstar, you seem to assume too much.  You honestly think I could or would kill M?  Oh, my friend, you’re sadly mistaken.  I’m not “one of you.”  You forget that I’m merely a persona.  I may be Hyde, but I’m also still Me.  I have neither the stature nor the stomach to kill anyone.  I’m pacifistic for a reason.  In fact, I think I’d be less inclined to attack someone than Jekyll.  No, nonono, I have great respect for M, and very little respect for people like you.  Jekyll and I merely have irreconcilable views on who exactly Our Mutual Friend is.  I fear Him, yes, but He…intrigues me.  I want to learn more.  He is, in many ways, a beautiful being.  I’d like to see what exactly He plans to do.  What His motives are.  And I believe that, as Hyde, He’ll let me live.  He toys with Jekyll.  Jekyll is conceited and aggressive and needs to be put in his place.  But Hyde?  Hyde is an admirer.  And really, would He kill someone so enthralled so quickly?

Jekyll sees Him as something to be avoided.  I see Him as something to be embraced.

So no, I mean none of you any harm.  I will defend myself it attacked, yes.  But fear not, for I’m not a crazy psychopath.  Merely an alternate persona.  I’m still Me.  You’d do well to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment